In honor of Thanksgiving Day tomorrow, I thought I’d take a few minutes to briefly reflect on the books I am grateful for having come into my life this past year.
- For making me laugh out loud on just about every page: “Let’s Pretend This Never Happened” (A Mostly True Memoir)” by Jenny Lawson, the Bloggess
- For proving to me that celebrities can write moving stories of substance and not just as part of their brand: “When It Happens to You” a novel in stories by Molly Ringwald
- For making me actually cry: “The Fault in Our Stars” a YA novel by John Green
- For exposing me to a foreign culture: “Drifting House” stories by Krys Lee
- For illuminating the beauty of compassion and forgiveness to ourselves and others: “You Don’t Look Like Anyone I Know- A True Story of Family, Face Blindness, and Forgiveness” by Heather Sellers
I am grateful for the opportunity to share my love of all things books here with you. What books are you grateful for? Please leave a comment below. Happy Thanksgiving!