Among the acts booked for this year’s popular Concerts at the Courthouse series of the Livingston Arts Council is The Accidentals, one of my favorite groups. You can read my post on the female-fronted trio from Michigan here.
This year’s season feels bittersweet to me. While it features a great lineup of musicians, it will be without Roger Dresden, the founder of the concert series who died of cancer less than a year ago. A talented musician himself, Dresden gave the Concerts at the Courthouse series his all, growing it into a regional success; you can click here to read our interview with him on the 20th anniversary of the series.
This year’s series runs every Friday beginning July 2, ending with The Accidentals on Aug. 27.
The lineup is as follows:
• July 2 — Air Margaritaville
• July 9 — Magic Bus
• July 16 — Saline Fiddlers Philharmonic
• July 23 — Bob Seger tribute band “Looking Back”
• July 30 — Steve King and the Dittilies
• Aug 6 — Alan Turner and the Steel Horse Band
• Aug 13 — Elton John Tribute Show
• Aug 20 — Sanctuary the Band
• Aug 27 — The Accidentals
The concerts — free, and family- and pet-friendly — begin at 7 p.m. Fridays July 2 to Aug. 27 on the lawn of the amphitheater of the historic Livingston County Courthouse, 200 E. Grand River Ave, in the heart of downtown Howell.