The old saying “Why buy when you can borrow?” is ringing true with the Brighton District Library’s 9-month-old collection titled the Library of Things. Thanks to the popularity of this unique collection, a new batch of “things“are ready to check out for two weeks with a library card thanks to generous funding from Enterprise Money.
“The incredible thing about this collection is that it allows an individual the opportunity to try out a product before investing money in it. And for those not wanting to buy, a one-time or few-times per year borrow from the library is a win-win, and there’s no cost to the individual,” said Sarah Neidert Head of Collections and Public Relations.
Originally consisting of 12 “things” that included a portable sewing machine, film and slide scanner, wildlife camera, and slide projector, the newest line-up of offerings include:
• Kindles (5) loaded with the library’s book club selections.
• Wifi Hotspots (10) check out for a week with unlimited data.
• Portable Bluetooth Speaker: Provides clear, crisp 360-degree sound and big bass. Waterproof with case.
• Car Battery and Alternator tester- check if your battery is really dead or the state of your alternator.
• Auto Code Scanner- find out why your “check engine” light is on.
Fixer Upper tools and Measuring
• Electronic Stud Finder
• Cordless Drill and Power Project Kit- Includes many basic tools.
• Laser Measurer: Based on measured length, width and height, provides smart volume and area calculations, no need of manual operation.
• Portable telescope: Includes tripod, backpack and additional lenses.
Gain a new skill, explore areas of interest, and let your imagination take off with Library of Things. Stop by the library information desk to browse this collection or get more information about it at http://brightonlibrary.info/library-of-things/. The Brighton District Library is located at 100 Library Drive, Brighton.