The Livingston County United Way is looking for nominations for this year’s awards in the following categories. Nominations are needed by January 31, 2019.
- Charles W. Itsell Volunteer of the Year Award: An individual whose commitment to the Livingston County United Way and the health and human service needs of our community during the past year goes far “above and beyond“ normal volunteerism. Patti Palazzolo of Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, was last year’s recipient.
- Donald Epley Lifetime Community Service Award: recognizes an individual who embraces volunteerism and service to the community as a way of life, is committed to the Livingston County United Way, and over the years has made a significant impact to, and contributed to the betterment of, those lives he or she has touched. Brian Donovan from Brian Donovan Builders, was last year’s recipient.
- Young Person of Distinction Award: recognizes an area youth for outstanding service and leadership to his or her community, showing true selflessness and an overall sense of caring for others. Natalie Cortez of Howell was recognized last year.
- Youth Organization of the Year Award: recognizes an area youth organization for outstanding service to their community, showing true selflessness and an overall sense of caring for others. Howell High School’s Senior Survivor was last year’s recipient.
- Randy Rudisill Business-of-the-Year Award: recognizes an area business that perpetuates Randy Rudisill’s strong commitment to community, reflecting a commitment to continuous improvement, people, hard work, customers, ethics, and profit. Dunnage Engineering of Brighton, was the recipient last year.
To make your nomination, you can download the nomination form by visiting www.lcunitedway.org, or call 810-494-3000 to have a form mailed. Nominations are due to the Livingston County United Way by January 31.
Recipients will be recognized at Livingston County United Way’s “Spirit of the Community” Breakfast, set for March 13, 2019, at Crystal Gardens. To learn more or to make your reservation, visit www.lcunitedway.org.