The Livingston County Clerk’s Office is taking steps to mitigate the transmission of COVID-19 in Livingston County. Through 8 a.m. Monday, April 6, the Historic Courthouse is closed to the public. For information on the Livingston County Courts, please go to: https://www.livgov.com/courts/.
During the public closure, County Clerk staff is continuing to report to work. Residents are encouraged to use online, mail, or phone options to conduct business. The clerk’s office will provide mandated services that cannot be accomplished online or by mail on a case-by-case appointment basis.
See below for specific online, mail, and appointment options:
44th Circuit Court Clerk
Phone: 517-546-9816 Fax: 517-548-4219 Email: WClerks@livgov.com
Phone: 517-546-8177 Fax: 517-546-4354 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Services available by appointment only – Call 517-546-8177 for an appointment.
• Candidate filings
Vital Records Division
Phone: 517-546-0500 Fax: 517-546-4354 Email: Countyclerk@livgov.com
Services available by appointment (Call (517) 546-0500 for an appointment) currently include:
• Marriage license pick up
• Marriage license application
• NEW concealed pistol license applications (Renewals must be done online or through the mail)
• Certified copy of birth record with a scheduled appointment with Secretary of State prior to April 6, 2020. All others can submit a request by mail (see below).
Services available online or by mail include:
• Certified copies of marriage and death certificates
• Concealed pistol license renewals
• FOIA requests. See https://www.livgov.com/foia/
Services available by mail:
• Certified copies of Birth Certificate; instructions available at: https://www.livgov.com/clerk/Pages/order.aspx
• Certified copies of DD214 (must include a photocopy of ID with request)
• Assumed Name Registrations / DBAs (forms must be notarized)