Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, which includes member hospitals St. Joseph Mercy Livingston, St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor, St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea, St. Joseph Mercy Oakland, and St. Mary Mercy Livonia, continues to manage its supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to keep its staff and patients safe. The health system is now allowing the use of alternative, non-commercially produced cotton masks for colleagues who are not directly providing care to suspected or confirmed COVID-19 patients.
The health and safety of staff is of the utmost importance. To help staff feel safer and more protected, and to help conserve N95 masks for colleagues in COVID-19 clinical spaces, employees who are not in direct contact with COVID-19 patients or Persons Under investigation (PUI) can bring in any cotton mask that is made or donated.
Several of St. Joe’s donation centers have received masks already from community members and groups eager to support our effort, and the health system is grateful for the outpouring of support.
The following unused and unopened items continue to be accepted:
- Regular masks
- N95 masks
- Face shields
- Hot glue sticks
- Surgical caps/protective caps
- Eyeglass shields/goggles
- Nasal testing swabs
- M4 viral media
- Lysol or Clorox wipes
- Hand sanitizer
- Transparency sheets
- Elastic banding for masks
Donation Center Locations:
- St. Joseph Mercy Livingston – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily: Drop off at Main Entrance, located at 620 Byron Road, Howell
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. daily: Drop off at Towsley Health Building (Catherine’s House Dress for Success entrance): 5361 McAuley Dr., Ypsilanti
- St. Joseph Mercy Chelsea – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday thru Friday: Drop off at White Tent, Near Emergency Department, located at 775 S. Main St., Chelsea
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland – 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday thru Friday: Drop off at Medical Office Building (MOB), located at 44555 Woodward Ave., Pontiac. The MOB is located on the hospital’s main campus, just north of the Main Entrance.
- St. Mary Mercy Livonia – 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday thru Friday: Drop off behind Emergency Department, located at 36475 Five Mile Rd., Livonia. Please use the West Entrance off of 5 Mile Rd. and follow the signs to the donation center.
All community inquiries regarding PPE donations should be sent by e-mail to Kim Niethammer Kim.Niethammer@stjoeshealth.org). Please include as much detail as possible in the e-mail (contact name, contact phone number, contact e-mail, PPE product details, donation details, units available).
For sales inquiries about sourcing PPE, please e-mail PPEReqQuestions@trinity-health.org.
To make a monetary donation to support the COVID-19 hospital response effort and the staff facing financial hardships with their families due to this crisis, St. Joe’s Giving, (https://www.stjoeshealth.org/about-us/ways-to-give/) and click on our “Make Your Gift” button to select your hospital.