Due to the recent discovery of the COVID-19 variant B117 in Livingston County, the Livingston County Health Department is working with the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services and HONU Management Group to provide no cost COVID-19 community testing.
The drive-thru testing is available 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday, April 3, at Pathfinder School, 2100 E. M-36, Pinckney, MI 48169. Pre-registration is recommended but not required.
Rapid (antigen) testing will be offered with results sent to individuals approximately 15-30 minutes after testing. If an individual tests positive, they will also be given a PCR test and these results should be received within approximately two days.
Additional testing options are listed at https://www.livgov.com/health/ph/Pages/COVID19.aspx or by using the statewide COVID-19 test locator.
Because the B117 variant is more easily transmitted, there is concern that its presence could lead to more cases, hospitalizations, and deaths. Prevent transmission whenever possible and seek testing if you have symptoms, have recently been exposed to COVID-19, or have recently traveled to a place where the new variant is circulating. Residents are strongly encouraged to continue using all effective prevention strategies.
• Wear a face mask around others
• Keep at least 6 feet apart from others
• Clean hands frequently
• Avoid crowded areas or gatherings
• Ventilate indoor spaces if around others
• Seek testing if ill, exposed, or after travel
• Follow isolation or quarantine guidance if ill, exposed, or waiting on test results
• Get vaccinated when vaccine becomes available to you