The community is invited to celebrate the Livingston County United Way’s 40th anniversary at the annual “Spirit of the Community” Breakfast, set for 7:30 a.m. Wednesday, March 22, at Crystal Gardens Banquet Center, 5768 E. Grand River Ave.
2017 marks the nonprofit’s 40th year as Livingston County United Way – when five area United Funds (Community Chests) merged into one agency to serve the collective good of the county.
“In 1977, the Livingston County United Way brought efficiencies to the communities it served by consolidating effort,” explained Rick Scofield, campaign co-chairperson for Livingston County United Way. “This helped to serve more people and leverage community resources more effectively.
“What is exciting to me is the monumental evolution over the past decade where we’ve seen a dramatic investment in building community coalitions,” Scofield said. “No longer are funded agencies operating as isolated silos, trying to respond independently to the forces of the economy on our families. We’re bringing everyone to the table, discussing the most pressing needs of today and strategizing together.”
At Livingston County United Way’s core, the ultimate mission and focus of the organization – to help move struggling families forward with community-focused initiatives in the areas of financial stability, every child ready and community wellness – has not changed.
The breakfast and program will celebrate the work, the volunteers and leadership, and the work of many partners in Livingston County. Reservations can be made for $25 per person online, by calling (810) 494-3000, or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Commemorative tie-dyed LIVE UNITED T-shirts are available for a $12 donation when you register, or online at http://www.lcunitedway.org/40th-anniversary-t-shirt/.
For more information about Livingston County United Way, visit www.lcunitedway.org.
Great things happen when we LIVE UNITED. How can you help locally? Try these ideas:
• Celebrate #40YearsUnited at the annual Spirit of Livingston Breakfast, March 22, 7:30-9:00a.m. at Crystal Gardens. Register online.
• Community Resource Fair takes place April 7-9 at the Livingston County Home & Garden Show. Learn more.
• Livingston Regional Job Fair happens April 20, 3-7pm at Crystal Gardens. Volunteers needed.
• Turn your VG’s grocery receipts into donations. Mail in or drop off receipts to our office. Thank you!
• Get social with us via Facebook and Twitter. Subscribe to our e-newsletter.