The old adage, “Why buy when you can borrow,” rings true at the Brighton District Library, thanks to a new collection generously funded by Enterprise Money. The Library of Things will have “things” to check out for two weeks with a library card, and the library will be adding to the collection for the enjoyment of learning and imagination.
The Brighton District Library’s current offering of “things” includes:
• Smart phone lens kit with tripod – 5 HD lenses. Used with the most smartphones. Clip on lens holder with less than 10 seconds to make your camera ready to the shot.
• Digital sewing machine – 100 built-in stitches, automatic needle threader, high sewing speed, push button stitch selection.
• Digital microscope – Portable microscope with full color screen, Built-in 3 MP digital camera with optical zoom, magnification, internal flash memory, card slot storage, Adjustable LED illumination, USB cable and soft carry pouch included, film and slide scanner.
• Portable projector – A 32-inch to 176-inch display size with a projector distance of between 1.5m-5m. Offers the convenience of being able to connect your smartphone or iPad.
• Portable projector screen – Lightweight, one-piece design, only 8.8 lb., fast, easy setup on tabletops, display up to a 50-Inch diagonal image, fits in airplane overhead compartment, forms its own carrying case, 34.5-Inch long.
• Film and slide scanner – Scans and digitizes slides, negatives, and super 8 slides and negative, speed loaders, built-in software interpolation, no computer required, saves to internal memory or optional memory card, video out for TV/cable connection , Mac and PC Compatible.
• Wildlife camera – Durable, weatherproof, motion-activated camera. Takes full-color photos and videos of the wildlife. Monitor Birds as they visit your feeder or birdhouse using a flash for nighttime photo and video.
• Slide projector – Bright images and quiet, dependable operation, accepts 2-by-2-inch slides in 80 or 140 slide trays, safety thermal fuses protect the projector from overheating and “popping.” Adjustable projection level with the rear leveling foot.
• Thermal leak detectors – Check your refrigerator and freezer temperature efficiency. Diagnose overheating or coolant leaks. Checks the operation of your HVAC system.
• Kilowatt electricity meters – Counts consumption by the Kilowatt-hour, same as your local utility. Calculates electrical expenses by the day, week, month, even an entire year. Checks the quality of power by monitoring Voltage, Line Frequency, and Power Factor.
• Michigan activity passes – Discover hundreds of Michigan’s cultural destinations and natural attractions with your Michigan library card! Check out FREE or discounted admission passes to hundreds of Michigan state parks, campgrounds, museums, trails, arts & cultural destinations, and more.
• Brighton Naturally kits – Brighton Naturally Boxes offer exciting nature-based resource material to check out with your Brighton District Library card. Including books, learning toys, activities, and audio visual materials to support various nature related topics.
Stop by the library information desk to browse this collection or click here for more information. The Brighton District Library is located at 100 Library Drive, Brighton.