Throughout the year people give from the heart and “make it happen” for countless nonprofit organizations. The Livingston County United Way seeks nominations for outstanding individuals, youth and youth organizations that make a significant impact through volunteer involvement.
Nominations are due Wednesday, Jan. 31, for the following awards, with recipients recognized at the Livingston County United Way’s “Spirit of Our Community” Breakfast on March 15:
- Charles W. Itsell Volunteer of the Year Award: An individual whose commitment to the Livingston County United Way and the health and human service needs of our community during 2017 went far “above and beyond“ normal volunteerism. Dianne Samples of Howell was last year’s recipient.
- Donald Epley Lifetime Community Service Award: Recognizes an individual who embraces volunteerism and service to the community as a way of life, is committed to the Livingston County United Way, and over the years has made a significant impact to, and contributed to the betterment of, those lives he or she has touched. Jane Sutterfield of Pinckney and Nancy B. Johnson from the Brighton District Library were last year’s recipients.
- Young Person of Distinction Award: Recognizes an area youth to be considered for recognition for outstanding service and leadership to his/her community, showing true selflessness and an overall sense of caring for others. Kala Barringer of Hartland was recognized last year.
- Youth Organization of the Year Award: Recognizes an area youth organization to be considered for recognition for outstanding service to their community, showing true selflessness and an overall sense of caring for others. The Howell High School Girls Volleyball teams were 2016 recipients.
- Randy Rudisill Business-of-the-Year Award: Recognizes an area business that perpetuates Randy Rudisill’s strong commitment to community, reflecting a commitment to continuous improvement, people, hard work, customers, ethics, and profit. Cobb-Hall Insurance was the recipient last year.
The nomination form can be downloaded from www.lcunitedway.org, or call (810) 494-3000 to have a form mailed. Nominations are due to the Livingston County United Way by Jan. 31 (fax to (810) 494-3004, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org).