Donations to the Livingston County United Way on Monday, Dec. 11, will be matched up to total funds available, thanks to big-hearted local sponsors. Matching Money Monday has become not just a day to raise funds for community initiatives and programs, but an event that brings Livingston County residents together to celebrate the spirit of the season by generously giving.
All proceeds raised through this event help struggling local families with nutritious food in local pantries, utility and shelter assistance, and keeping families from being evicted.
Not quite sure what to get for those hard-to-buy for people on your holiday list? Consider making a donation in their name, or in memory of a loved one. In addition to giving online at www.lcunitedway.org or by phone (810-494-3000), residents are encouraged to donate in person at any of these collection sites during regular business hours:
• Livingston County United Way, 2980 Dorr Road, Brighton (7am-7pm, homemade cookies and hot coffee)
• Brighton Area: Greater Brighton Area Chamber of Commerce, First National Bank, Brighton Ford
• Fowlerville Area: First National Bank
• Hartland Area: Hartland Chamber of Commerce, First National Bank, Hartland Insurance Agency (a free gift!)
• Howell Area: Howell Area Chamber of Commerce, First National Bank, Jonna’s Market
• Pinckney Area: First National Bank
Matching Money Monday is possible through these generous sponsors: Howell Rotary’s Tour de Livingston; Griffith Realty; Anonymous Sponsors; Ravago Manufacturing Americas (Randy Rudisill Leadership Match); Chemical Bank; Blue Cross Blue Shield of MI and Blue Care Network; Olinik Family McDonalds; Kania Family Memorial; Robert and Diane Musch; and Bert & Judy Herzog, Executive Wealth Management.
To learn more about the work of Livingston County United Way and how to get involved, visit www.lcunitedway.org.