• Who: Howell at Brighton, resumed baseball doubleheader
• Where: Brighton High School
• When: 4 p.m.
• Broadcast: 3:45 on The Livingston Post at this link.
• Records: Howell is 3-4 overall, 2-2 in the KLAA West; Brighton is 6-1, 4-1.
• Weather forecast: Mostly cloudy with a high around 50. Winds from the west-northwest at 15 mph.
• The situation: Brighton leads 2-0 in the top of the second. Howell has the bases loaded with one out and Seamus Mitchell at bat.
What happened Thursday
Brighton was scheduled to play host to Fowlerville for a doubleheader, and for the second time in three weeks weather forced a postponement. Two weeks ago it was an all-day snowstorm. Thursday, it was rain, at times torrential, that led to another postponement early in the afternoon. No makeup date has been set.
What’s at stake today
Brighton is in first place in the KLAA West, while Howell, the defending champion, is in fifth. Most of the 16-game KLAA West season has yet to be played, but the game is important both for league standings and for bragging rights.
Who’s pitching today
Cameron Tullar started for Brighton, and it’s likely he’ll go again today. Sam Weatherly, who was slated to start for Howell, was scratched and played center field due to a blister on his throwing hand. Evan Maize got the start, but it’s possible Weatherly’s blister has healed to the point where he starts today. Your best clue will be a line of backpacks with major-league logos on them. That’s what scouts carry their radar guns in. If you see them, then you’ll know.
As we near the midpoint of the season, dates and opportunities for makeups dwindle fast, which means Fowlerville and Brighton might not meet this season. A shame, given the Gladiators’ red-hot start (10-0-1) this season.