If you have a company page on LinkedIn, you have probably received the recent email letting you know about the newest page updates. LinkedIn is working to make it easier to get your word out and gain traffic on your LinkedIn company page.
“This change will empower you to build more powerful relationships with your target audience on LinkedIn.” – LinkedIn Senior Product Manager, Mike Grishaver
That being said, the newest update is not introducing any new features. It is mainly cosmetic and will only change some of your page navigation. All of your previous features are still intact and you will not lose any of your information.
So, what is new exactly?
- Cover Image – You will be able to customize the look and feel of your page similar to the cover image on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. This is a great step in being able to better brand your Company Page.
- Update Text Box– If you are looking for guidance on what to post on your page, LinkedIn now makes a suggestion “Share an article, ask a question, or post a special offer to interested LinkedIn members.”
- Target Feature – The targeting feature is more prominent. You can choose to send your update to all of your followers or a targeted audience and as you select your target audience LinkedIn will provide a visual of your list.
- Linking – To attach a link to your update simply paste the link directly into your update. You will then be able to check/uncheck the box that says “photo” to choose whether or not you would like an image posted with your link.
- Metrics – As soon as 24 hours after you post an update the metrics will show up under your post highlighted in grey.
- Careers Page – Instead of a tab directing you to your Careers Page, there will be a title box in the right side-bar that says “go to careers page”.
- Products & Services – The Products & Services Page is also found in the right side-bar now. This change helps to highlight your products and services, so make sure you have them entered into your profile.
- Mobile – Previously the LinkedIn mobile app only allowed you to search for other people. Not any longer, you can also search for companies now.
All-in-all these changes are to help you connect in a more streamlined and aesthetically pleasing way. There is a lot of opportunity on the horizon for increased branding and incorporation of your online marketing strategy in LinkedIn.
Enjoy crafting your new cover image and let us know what you think of the new design.
Candy Jones-Guerin is an innovator in Social Media, Email Marketing, Marketing Consulting, Training and Education. She is the owner of WebWorld Advantage and can be found online at www.webworldadvantage.net or on LinkedIn