Let’s be careful out there. Make sure your car is clean and warmed up before you venture out on the roadways. It sounds like the evening rush hour is going to be challenging.
The Livingston County area is under a winter storm warning that remains in effect until 11 p.m.
The forecast from the National Weather Service:
- Snow: heavy at times, will increase in coverage and intensity during the late afternoon and persist into this evening.
- Snowfall rates of one inch per hour can be expected at times, especially through 8 PM.
- Northerly winds will increase with gusts of 20 to 30 mph by this evening.
- Storm total accumulation of 7 to 11 inches will be likely with lower amounts south of the M-59 corridor. Impacts:
- Snow-covered roads will be slick.
- Periods of heavy snow will create hazardous travel during the evening commute.
- Blowing and drifting snow will further exacerbate travel this evening.