Auditions for ‘Squabbles’ by Marshall Karp, and presented by special arrangement with Samuel French Inc., are set for 6:30-9 p.m. Thursday and Friday, Nov. 16 and 17, at the Community Theatre of Howell, Howell High School Freshman Campus, 1400 W. Grand River Ave., Howell. The cast list will be posted Saturday, Nov. 18 by noon at www.cththeatre.org and on our Facebook Page.
• Rehearsals begin 6:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 20.
◦ Rehearsals will be three days a week for the first ¾ of the run (Tuesday-Thursday)
• NOTE: Ages 18+ are welcome to audition
• See www.cththeatre.org for character break down
• Public Performances: Feb. 2-4, 2018, and Feb. 9-11, 2018
• Website: www.cththeatre.org
• Director: Kevin Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Producer: Kim Carnahan, email@example.com
This hilarious play pits a father-in-law against a mother in a comedic succession of squabbles. Jerry Sloan is a successful writer of advertising jingles married to an equally successful lawyer. Living with the happy couple is the not so happy Abe Dreyfus, Jerry’s curmudgeon of a father-in-law. Abe is a funny guy to the audience, not to Jerry. The situation is exacerbated when Jerry’s mother Mildred loses her house in a fire and needs a place to stay. Abe and Mildred can’t stand each other. This play is one hilarious confrontation after another until the heart-warming finale in which the oldsters discover that, really, each is not so bad.
Download the audition form at www.cththeatre.org, if you wish to fill one out in advance. A small photo is required on the day of your audition. Also, bring your calendar and all conflicts from Nov. 20, 2017, through Feb. 11, 2018, to auditions. No conflicts are allowed from Jan. 15-Feb. 11, 2018.
The Community Theatre of Howell’s mission is to foster and encourage the study of and public appreciation for the performing arts.