The Community Theatre of Howell is casting “James and the Giant Peach.”
Performances are set for March 9, 10 and 11, 2018. School shows are set for March 6, 7, 8, and 9, 2018.
If you’re interested in auditioning, go to www.cththeatre.org) for detailed character descriptions and age requirements.
Auditions will be held at the Howell High School Freshman Campus 1400 W. Grand Rive Ave., Howell MI 48843.
• Dance/vocal workshop is set for 6:30 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 30, and attendance is strongly recommended for anyone wanting to audition.
• Friday, December 1, 2017 — Doors open at 6 pm Auditions for Ladahlord, James, Ladybug, Grasshopper, Spider, Earthworm, and Centipede
• Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017 — Doors open at 9 am Auditions for Spiker and Sponge, Zoo Crowd, Matron Nurse, Billy and Bobby Bobby-Cop, Vagrants, Garden Chorus, Reporters, Ladies, Hollywood Agents, Farm Animals, Willy Wonka and Oompa Loompas, Ensemble
• CAST LIST will be posted by Sunday, December 3rd, 2017 at www.cththeatre.org and on Facebook.
• ACTOR ROUND UP is set for Monday, Dec. 4, 2017 (Every cast member must have a parent present at the actor round up)
• Rehearsals begin Dec. 5. Note that it is important that ALL conflicts and potential conflicts from Dec. 4 through March 11 are submitted on the Audition Form. NO CONFLICTS will be allowed Feb.17 through March 5 without prior director approval. Be thorough in listing conflicts as rehearsal schedules are written to maximize participation based on the listed conflicts. It is a great inconvenience and has negative consequences on the whole show if conflicts are not listed.
There will be no rehearsals scheduled between Dec. 18 and Jan. 2.
• School Performances: March 6-9, 2018
• Public Performances: March 9-11, 2018
• Website: www.cththeatre.org
• Producer: Cassandra Hull, Chull1113@gmail.com or 517-545-7209
Based on one of Roald Dahl’s most poignantly quirky stories, Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach JR. is a brand-new take on this “masterpeach” of a tale. Featuring a wickedly tuneful score and a witty and charming book, this adventurous musical about courage and self-discovery is destined to be a classic. When James is sent by his conniving aunts to chop down their old fruit tree, he discovers a magic potion that grows a tremendous peach, rolls into the ocean and launches a journey of enormous proportions. James befriends a collection of singing insects that ride the giant piece of fruit across the ocean, facing hunger, sharks and plenty of disagreements along the way.
Who Can Audition:
Roald Dahl’s James and the Giant Peach Jr. is intended for youth ages 6-18. You do not have to be a CTH member to audition, but if you are cast, we do require that you become a member. And, while experience may be helpful, the Community Theatre of Howell does not require this. All we ask is your commitment to help make James and the Giant Peach Jr. the same high quality show that CTH strives to provide the community in all its efforts. CTH reserves the right to cast outside of the listed parameters depending on the auditions.
NOTE: Audition only for the role in which you are most interested, you may list any additional roles you would consider on your audition form. You may only audition one time. You will be considered for all roles you list.
Be available for callback time at 1 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 2.
AUDITION PREPARATION: Follow this link for audition materials http://bit.ly/2yQAfeC